It’s All Good!
Watermelon “pizza” is a fun and unique way to eat a serving of fruit and dairy, and is a cool and refreshing snack for a hot August afternoon. It’s low in fat but provides plenty of vitamin C and hydration.
- 1 slice watermelon (widthwise, circular, one-inch thick with rind on)
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- Slice watermelon widthwise for a circular “pizza” crust. Aim for a crust that is at least one inch thick.
- Spread vanilla Greek yogurt evenly over the pink watermelon portion.
- Arrange strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and grapes on top of the vanilla yogurt in any manner you like. Sprinkle with mint, if desired.
- Slice watermelon into eight pizza-shaped pieces.
There are several keys to finding the perfect watermelon. The first thing you should do is pick the watermelon up—it should feel heavier than it looks. Secondly, the watermelon should have a deep yellow patch on the bottom, which lets you know that it was allowed to ripen on the vine and is ready for eating.