Teriyaki Salmon and Pineapple Skewers
It’s All Good!
These salmon and pineapple skewers are perfect for barbecue season. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acid, which promotes brain and heart health. Let kids help by placing the pineapples and veggies onto their own skewers (just watch out for the sharp ends). Serve with brown rice and a green salad for a nutritious summer meal.
- 1 pound raw salmon, skin removed
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. powdered ginger
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 wooden skewers
- If using an outdoor grill, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes. Cut the salmon into 1” chunks, and the bell pepper in to 1” pieces. You will need at least 16 pieces each of salmon, bell pepper, and pineapple.
- Thread the salmon, bell pepper, and pineapple onto each skewer until four of each item have been threaded. Once finished, place the skewers onto a baking dish or pan.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder, and ground ginger, and whisk together until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Spoon or brush the mixture onto the skewers, making sure all sides of the skewers are coated.
- Sprinkle the skewers with salt and pepper, and place them in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the grill (or a grill pan) to medium heat. Once hot, spray the grill or pan surface with oil. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side, 8-10 minutes total.
- Remove skewers from the grill and place them onto a clean plate to serve.