Packing Made Easy with Jami & Katrina
It’s June already, and if you’re like us, you’re counting down the seconds until you can have your toes in the sand on the beach with your family. But before you can get there, you have to pack, and after packing up your kiddos’ clothes, you will most likely want quick and easy packing for yourself.
Whether you are headed to the beach, the lake, river, or a resort, packing for these types of trips are our favorite, and you can get away with simply packing a bathing suit! However, we wanted to share a few tips on what necessities you should pack and what you can leave behind to save space in the car.
What You Should Wear
- The majority of the clothing that you should pack with you are swimsuits. Also, include cover ups and lightweight linens for the beach and pool areas. We recommend packing cover ups that are neutral in color, the ones that go with anything, so you can wear them more than once while on your trip.
- Another essential for beach vacations? Comfy pants! Be sure to have something lightweight and flowy, in case you get burned, or if it’s just too dang hot for tight clothes.
- When it comes to shoes, try to bring one pair of sandals and one pair of heels or wedges (you never know!) because they are universal. On beach trips, sneakers or shoes with a grip, similar to boat shoes, are a smart choice. It’s safe to plan ahead because we can’t predict the weather or the activities, so you may end up on a random hike, on a boat trip, or in a downpour.
Fashion tip for your trip: Keeping your look effortless and cute after a long day outside is key.
Skin in the Sun
- For makeup, stay minimal when outside at the pool and beach. Make sure that whatever it is that you’re wearing has SPF in it. We swear by IT COSMETICS: Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+. It has a lightweight feel and provides full coverage.
- Don’t forget about your lips! The lips are a commonly neglected part of the face when it comes to wearing SPF. Pick up a chapstick that helps to protect your lips because sunburned lips are the worst. You can easily get some at your local drugstore. We are currently obsessed with the Blistex Five Star Lip Protection SPF 30.
Beach Hair, Don’t Care
- When it comes to what hair products to bring, believe it or not, COOLA makes an amazing SPF spray for your hair. The Organic Ocean Salted Sage Scalp & Hair Mist SPF 30 helps to protect this often neglected part of the SPF routine.
- Keep your curling irons at home during a beach trip, and just bring a mini flat iron for any unruly pieces of hair.
- Try to live in braids or easy “undone” styles. The sun, salt, and chlorine can take such a toll on your hair, so heatless hairstyles are our go-to. Plus, beach hair is the best hair. That means, less to pack and more time hanging out!
In the Suitcase
- Quite possibly the best space-saving trick is to pack with vacuum-sealed bags. Pick up the variety pack at Walmart for under $30 with all different sizes of bags. Label the bags, pack them accordingly, and suck the air out with the attachment on your vacuum cleaner. The bags shrink down and makes for plenty of room in your luggage. Whether you’re staying at an Airbnb or a hotel, they are always happy to lend a vacuum to you when you’re packing up to go home.
- With a beach tote, cute towel, and your preference of YETI cup, you will be ready for some fun in the sun with your family.
The best part about packing efficiently is that now you have all the room you need for your kids clothes, which is roughly three times the amount of your stuff, even though all of their belongings are tiny. Now that you and the kiddos are all packed and ready to geaux, see y’all at the beach!