Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bites
Makes 16 (2-inch) squares
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups marshmallow cereal, such as Lucky Charms
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 cup stick) unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) package mini marshmallows (about 4 cups), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pick out about 1 cup of marshmallow pieces from the cereal and set aside for topping the bars.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Working quickly, add half of the marshmallows and stir until thoroughly melted. Add the remaining marshmallows and stir until melted. Stir in the vanilla and salt, if using. Add the cereal and gently fold it in until completely coated with the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer to the baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, lightly and gently press into an even layer. Sprinkle with the reserved marshmallow cereal. Let the treats stand at room temperature until set, about 1 hour. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
Image credit: Lauren Volo