Chicken Kebabs with Chimichurri Marinade
For the Marinade
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1 bunch parsley, stems removed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- Juice from 2 lemons
- ¼ of 1 large purple onion
- 4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
For the Kebabs
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- ¾ of 1 large red onion, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1” chunks
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Place the marinade ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Assemble the kebabs by alternately threading veggies, pineapple, and chicken onto each skewer.
- Place the skewers in a 9”x13” casserole dish, brush each one with the marinade, and pour the rest of the marinade on top. Or, place the skewers into a large plastic zipper bag and pour the marinade into the bag making sure each skewer is coated.
- Allow the skewers to marinate for at least one hour.
- Heat grill to high heat. Place skewers on the grill and cook for five minutes per side. Kebabs can also be cooked in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until veggies are soft and chicken is cooked through.
It’s All Good!
This kebab recipe is a great way to make the most of seasonal summer veggies, and it provides fruit, veggies, and lean protein all in one meal. The Chimichurri marinade is also a great source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and heart healthy unsaturated fat.
1 kebab is 180 kcal, 7g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 22g protein