Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup granulated or coarse sugar
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and molasses. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In small bowl, place granulated sugar. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. On cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set and soft in center. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Store tightly covered up to 1 week.