Cheesy Skillet Pizza Dip
- 6 Tbsps. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) sliced pepperoni
- 2 Tbsps. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsps. minced fresh basil
- Microwave butter, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and red pepper flakes, covered, until butter is melted.
- Cut each roll into thirds; roll each piece into a ball. Dip dough balls in butter mixture; place along outer edge of a 10-in. cast-iron skillet, leaving center open. Gently stack remaining balls on top of bottom layer, leaving some space between them. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake until dough balls are set and beginning to brown, 15-18 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and remaining garlic powder; spoon into center of skillet.
- Layer with 1/4 cup mozzarella and pizza sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Brush rolls with some of remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until dip is heated through and rolls are golden brown, about 10 minutes, covering loosely with foil as needed to prevent rolls from becoming too dark. Sprinkle with basil.
Originally appeared on Taste of Home.