Adorable Apple Pie Bites
Everyone loves a warm apple pie when the weather gets cooler and the leaves start to fall. These mini apple pie bites are the perfect treat to make with the kids on a lazy Saturday.
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons apple pie spice, and additional (1/4 tsp.) apple pie spice for sprinkling on top
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 slices about 1/2 inch wide
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine apple pie spice and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter, and toss the apple slices in the butter. Set aside.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, arrange the crescent roll triangles, and evenly distribute your brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- If you are using pecans, sprinkle them evenly onto crescent roll triangles.
- Place one apple slice on the wide end of the crescent roll. Then, wrap the dough around the apple.
- Brush the rolls with the remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for five minutes before serving.
The kids will love to help make these delicious treats, and cooking is always a wonderful learning opportunity for your little ones. Let them practice measuring, mixing, and cleaning once the job is done!
For the original recipe, pictures, and nutritional information, check out The Blond Cook's blog.