Episcopal School of Baton Rouge
Episcopal is the leading independent school in Baton Rouge and offers enrollment in grades PreK-3 through grade 12. The school’s educational philosophy is articulated through a rich curriculum that expects of students a commitment to academic excellence, and provides opportunities for them to demonstrate their strengths. Episcopal attracts diverse, multi-talented students who graduate as self-sustaining learners and engaged global citizens.
- You will encounter an engaged student body, seeking to understand more about themselves and the world around them.
- You will see a professional faculty, guiding young minds in the classroom, in the studio, and on the athletic field.
- You will notice that questions are encouraged and new ideas are welcomed.
- You will experience the celebration of each individual’s spiritual journey, nurtured by clergy and staff dedicated to growing young women and men of character.
You will witness innovation in the classroom, opportunities for students to discover their talents, and a commitment to developing the whole person. Episcopal’s unique atmosphere produces individuals with a thirst for knowledge and a desire to give back to their community.
Our Mission and Ministry
As a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana, Episcopal nurtures and develops the whole child - spiritually, intellectually, morally, physically, and artistically - through challenging academic and co-curricular programs which prepare our graduates for college and for purposeful lives.
Financial Asst. & Scholarships Yes
Family Discount No
Cafeteria B/L B/L
Transportation Service Yes
Accreditation SAIS, SAES
Religious Affiliation Episcopalian
Year Established 1965
Principal/Headmaster Hugh M. McIntosh
Registration Fee $750
Books/supplies Fee $270-449
Tuition Range $9,020-16,526
Grades Taught PreK3-12
Total Enrollment 972
Total Faculty 110
- 37,000 square foot state-of-the-art Visual and Performing Arts Center
- Two full libraries
- A Gothic–inspired Chapel
- Two full sized gyms
- Outdoor sports complex including a football stadium, an 8 lane resilite track, a baseball and Softball complex
- Two practice fields
- Multipurpose sports pad
- Swimming pool
- Two concession stands