Every year, Baton Rouge Parents Magazine looks for 50 area children* who have what it takes to be a Cover Kid for the upcoming year. The Cover Kid Event will once again host Birthday Bash as we celebrate. It's a big event, so make sure you sign up for the years to come!
Hover on each child to view their name, or click on a photo to learn more about our Cover Kids!
See your child below? Click on their photo and claim their listing to start building and customizing their personal online profile.
*Baton Rouge Parents Magazine looks for 50 area children to participate, but due to the 2016 flooding of Baton Rouge and surrounding areas, numbers are smaller this year.
So what is The Cover Kid Event?
The Cover Kid Event is the annual extravaganza where children are selected from the community who, for the next twelve months, will appear on the cover and/or within the pages of Baton Rouge Parents Magazine. It is not a beauty contest, a talent show or a model casting. We believe that Cover Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, and abilities. Children with special needs are encouraged to participate, and accommodations will be in place.
What should my child wear to the Cover Kid Event?
Whatever they want! They don't have to dress up in any special attire, and it is best for children to wear clothing in which they feel comfortable. Cover Kids are selected based on a variety of factors, and what we are really looking for are everyday kids who have that special sparkle.
What do Cover Kids do?
Cover Kids will appear on the cover and/or within the pages of Baton Rouge Parents Magazine. Cover Kids can be featured in content such as in advertisements, special promotions, fashion layouts, or featured articles throughout the printed magazines. All Cover Kids will also become ambassadors for the magazine with opportunities to attend various events with us throughout the year, participate in fashion shows, and volunteer in our community.
Do you have any tips for my child?
Yes – allow your children to be themselves! We strive to make the children very comfortable with a relaxed conversation and environment.
Who can be Cover Kids?
All children between the ages of 2 years and 17 years are eligible regardless of shape, size, ethnicity, or abilities.
How to Enter:
PRE-REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. NO PHONE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED. A separate form is required for each child. No refunds. Walk-in registration begins at 9:15 a.m. on the day of the event. Time slot availability is limited for walk-ins. First come, first served.
- Register online at www.brparents.com or send in accompanying form via fax or email. Payment must be submitted with form. All pre-registrations will receive an email with an assigned audition time and ID number on the label. KEEP THIS EMAIL.
- Present your email at the pre-registration table 15-20 minutes prior to your child’s assigned time.
- The day of the event, times will be announced every 15 minutes. When your child’s time is called, proceed to the stage. Your child will walk across the stage and be briefly interviewed. NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE. A staff member of BRPM will take your child on stage. Approximately 15-20 other children are assigned to the same time.
- Each child will receive a card on stage indicating if they are to return that afternoon for final call. Approximately 150 children will be given a call-back card. Call-backs will take about an hour.
- At the final call, 40-45 children will be announced as the new Cover Kids. Paperwork and pictures of the finalists will be completed at that time.