Weeknight Chicken Chili
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Optional: 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 15-oz cans of your favorite type of beans (we used Northern and Kidney)
- 1 lb. frozen corn kernels
- 2 14-oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Once hot, add the chicken breasts to the pot and cook for one minute. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, and then the onion, bell peppers, garlic, and jalapeno. Sautée the vegetables for 5-10 minutes, or until soft and slightly brown.
- Turn the heat back to high and add the chili powder and cumin. Cook for about one minute, and then pour in the chicken broth, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any bits of stuck vegetables.
- Add the chicken back to the pot along with the bouillon, beans, corn, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat to low, and cook for one hour, or until chicken is cooked through.
- When ready to eat, shred the chicken in the pot before serving.