Slow Cooker Crunchy Granola
It’s all good! This crunchy and slightly sweet granola has just enough fat and protein in addition to dietary fiber to make it a filling choice for breakfast or a snack. Oats, a whole grain, provide fiber and B-vitamins, while almonds, pecans, and olive oil provide heart healthy unsaturated fats.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raw slivered almonds
- ½ cup raw pecan halves
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (or 2 large) egg whites
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- ½ cup rai
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, pecans, cinnamon, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, olive oil, egg whites, and almond extract until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently mix until thoroughly combined and
- all of the moisture is distributed.
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, and add the granola ingredients to the cooker.
- Keeping the lid to the slow cooker ajar, cook for 2-2 ½ hours on high, stirring every 30 minutes.
- If pieces of the granola start to cook too quickly, change the setting to low.
- Once finished cooking, spread the granola out on a sheet pan to cool, and add the dried fruit.
Makes 25 ¼ cup servings. Each serving is 120 kcals, 8g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 3g protein.