Lump of Coal Cookies & Peppermint Smoothies
The Peppermint Smoothie is a delicious alternative to ice-cream based peppermint shakes, which are much higher in calories and fat. Add a scoop of protein powder or vanilla Greek yogurt to this treat, and it can stand alone as a breakfast or snack. And, these rich cookies are filled with antioxidants from beets, cocoa, and pumpkin. They also contain more vitamin A, protein, and fiber than traditional sugar cookies.
- 1/4 cup 3T oat flour
- 1/2 cup 1T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (heaping) peeled & grated raw beet
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In one bowl, mix together oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add in melted coconut oil, canned pumpkin, and grated beet.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the greased baking sheet in
- 1 Tbsp. portions, flattening each cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 1 cup refrigerated coconut milk (not canned)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ of 1 medium banana
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. peppermint extract
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.